- CAS No.: 100-51-6
- Other Names: Benzyl Alcohol
- EINECS No.: 202-859-9
- Place of Origin: China (Mainland)
- Purity: 99.97%
- Appearance: Colorless oily liquid
- Application: Epoxy resin, Flavor fragrace, Paint Coating
Appearance & character colorless transparent liquid; faint fragrant and burning scent; oxidized to benzaidehyde and benzoic acid after placed in the air for long time, so it can have bitter apricot kernel scent
Benzyl alcohol is a good middle boiling point solvent. The main applications:
- Paint solvent; ink solvent; plexiglass solvent; photographic developing agent; PVC stabilizer; medicine, synthetic resin solvent; ointment or liquid medicine; solvent for meat products stamp-pad ink and ball-point pen oil.
- Carpet degreaser; crater cleaning agent; silicone solvent stabilizer; benzyl ester or ether intermediate.
Benzyl alcohol is a kind of very useful perfume fixative. It is an indispensable spice when jasmine, tuberose or ylang is mixed, and used to compound soap and daily cosmetics